Seeking out the right treatment for your pain can be tricky and we often end up accepting treatment without really knowing whether it’s right for us. People who suffer from painful injuries are often referred to their local chiropractor or physiotherapy clinic in Victoria, BC.
So what is the difference between chiropractic care and physiotherapy? Although practitioners of both treatments believe that an aligned spine is key to pain relief, there are many differences to be aware of. Chiropractors and physiotherapists examine patients in the same way using standard tests, such as X-rays. However, the treatment they provide varies considerably:
Although chiropractic care was once associated with alternative therapy, nowadays, this effective treatment is commonly used to relieve pain. Here are few points to help you decide if chiropractic care is for you:
- Chiropractic care is traditionally known for being more hands-on than the exercise and rehabilitation techniques of physiotherapy.
- People are often referred to chiropractors for injuries to muscles or tendons, such as whiplash, back and neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Sports injuries, such as tennis elbow, are commonly treated with chiropractic care.
- Chiropractors can also help people suffering from high blood pressure, asthma, pregnancy issues, and scoliosis.
- Some argue that chiropractors offer fewer services than physiotherapists, as they tend to focus on spine adjustment. However, chiropractors really are the experts when it comes to getting your spine straight!
Patients often visit physiotherapists and chiropractors for the same injury or illness. However, here a few points to help you understand exactly what physiotherapy can do for you:
- Physiotherapists offer a wide range of treatments and are more specialized in treating patients with intra muscular stimulation (IMS) needling, acupuncture, and spine adjustment.
- Like chiropractors, physiotherapists offer spine adjustment, yet they often tend to focus on lower force mobilizations.
- Physiotherapy is also used to treat soft-tissue injuries like those mentioned above.
- Physiotherapists more often put the healing in your hands by suggesting exercises to improve your mobility and posture.
The best of both physiotherapy and chiropractors in Victoria, BC!
If you are suffering from a soft-tissue injury, both physiotherapy and chiropractic care may be for you. Are you still struggling to choose between both treatments? Not to worry, our team of caring professionals are here to point you in the right direction.
At Synergy Health Management in Victoria BC, our experienced physiotherapists and chiropractors can provide you with the most comprehensive range of treatments to help you get back on your feet!
If you would like further advice, or if you would like to book an appointment straight away, please get in touch with our caring and experienced team of experts.