Get Back to Optimal Health in Less Time through Personalized Physical Therapy, right here in Victoria
Comprehensive Care from Physiotherapists in Victoria, BC
Open Evenings & Weekends
At Synergy Health Centre in Victoria, BC, our physiotherapists present an integrated, team-based approach to enhance your recovery. Physiotherapists, also known as physical therapists, are able to evaluate, diagnose and treat a wide range of illnesses, injuries, disabilities and chronic conditions.
Along with in-office treatment, our physiotherapy programs in Victoria will prescribe several different flexibility and strength training exercises. Exercise rehabilitation is an important part of the practice, and physiotherapists use it to help you recover faster and improve your health and performance. Exercises may include stretching, strength training with weights, or other routines targeted toward specific areas of the body. Contact us to book a no-obligation appointment with our professional physiotherapists at our Victoria clinic.
Patients who have reached a pre-determined stage in their recovery will often take part in our personal training programs.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy involves treatment to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patients’ mobility and well-being. Physiotherapy treatments are performed by our physiotherapists in Victoria, who are licensed healthcare professionals.
You can rely on a physiotherapist to assess, treat, and manage pain, injuries, movement dysfunction, and chronic conditions. We can provide services including:
- Evaluate the level of pain, strength, endurance, and range of movement.
- Diagnose conditions and develop treatment plans accordingly.
- Use of manual therapy techniques and exercises for treatment.
- Help manage your acute as well as chronic health conditions.
- Help with the rehabilitation of your injuries.
Our Physiotherapy Treatments and Services
Our physiotherapists in Victoria, BC employ various strategies in order to create an individualized treatment plan that speeds your recovery. To do this, we rely on a “circle of care” approach that brings together our entire team, with the lead physiotherapist at the helm. We like to integrate treatments, especially with chiropractic care as a collaboration has proven to be an effective complement. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat soft-tissue injuries, neurological disorders, joint, muscle, ligament, tendon and bone injuries, or neck and back pain.
And just like chiropractors, physiotherapists rely on many different techniques and technologies. Physiotherapists often use or recommend these types of treatments:
- Intermuscular Stimulation: Also known as trigger point dry needling, this system is used for diagnosing and treating myofascial pain syndromes.
- Neurofeedback: This type of biofeedback shows real-time displays of brain activity to improve self-regulation and awareness.
- Neurologic Retraining: Neuroscientists are discovering that even the adult brain has greater capacity for plasticity than was previously thought. Physiotherapists can use these insights to wield therapeutic techniques that help patients re-learn motor skills following accidents and injuries.
- Neurosurgery: In severe cases, neurosurgery may be recommended.
- Neuromobilization: Neuromobilization, or nerve mobilization, can treat various conditions including plantar fasciitis, sciatica, and tendonitis.
- Orthopedic Surgery: In severe cases, orthopedic surgery may be recommended.
- Shockwave Therapy: This non-surgical, non-invasive technique helps speed recovery from soft tissue injuries such as bursitis. Shockwaves are a special type of sound that can help bone, tendon, ligament and other cells regenerate and completely heal even with the oldest of chronic injuries.
- Spinal Decompression: A painless, drug-free, non-invasive treatment physiotherapists use to treat severe or chronic neck and low back pain as well as herniated discs.
When to See a Physiotherapist in Victoria?
Physiotherapists can help anyone who finds it challenging to lead a physically wholesome life, and feels uncomfortable while performing a normal exercise, sport or recreational activity. Whether you are dealing with pain, rehabilitating from an injury, or dealing with a chronic condition, you can visit our physiotherapy clinic in Victoria, BC at Synergy Health Centre for personalized treatment. Some of the conditions or injuries a physiotherapist can treat include:
- Injury: Sports or accidental injuries
- Foot: Achilles injury, plantar fasciitis
- Ankle: Sprain, strain, shin splints
- Knees: Tendonitis, ACL, patellofemoral, meniscus, iliotibial band syndrome, osteoarthritis
- Hip: Osteoarthritis, bursitis, labral pathology, impingement
- Hand: Post-surgery, splints, epicondylitis
- Back: Herniated disc, postural dysfunction, SI joint, stenosis, sciatica
- Shoulder: Rotator cuff, tendonitis, labral pathology
- Neck: Spasm, headaches, trigger points, dizziness
If you are unsure whether physiotherapy treatment is right for your injury or condition, schedule an appointment with our physiotherapists for a no obligation initial assessment.
Physiotherapy for WorkSafe BC Injury Rehabilitation
If you have been injured on the job, WorkSafe BC can help cover the cost of physiotherapy treatments for work-related injuries in Victoria at Synergy Health Centre. Contact us to determine your coverage for physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation for injuries suffered at the workplace.
Physiotherapy for ICBC Motor Vehicle Accident Rehabilitation
Have you been injured in a car accident and need physiotherapy for proper recovery? ICBC medical benefits often cover physiotherapy treatment. Synergy Health Centre provides physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation for injuries from a motor vehicle accident under the ICBC insurance coverage. We strive to help you get well without having to worry about the expenses. To learn more about ICBC insurance coverage for physiotherapy in Victoria, contact us.
Physiotherapy Treatment for Sciatica
Sciatica is nerve pain that exhibits a set of symptoms such as lower back and buttock pain, numbness, tingling sensation, along with weakness in various parts of the leg and foot. You should not underestimate the pain caused by sciatica, as it can be severe and life-altering at the same time. You do not have to rely on medications or painkillers to get relief; physiotherapy can help you overcome sciatic pain.
Our Victoria physiotherapists can help treat sciatica through exercises to strengthen and mobilize tissues in the lower back, pelvis, abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. Our team can help you in the following ways:
- Restore pain-free functional movement patterns
- Reduce your muscle spasm
- Improve mobility of the lower body
- Foster a better healing environment in the lower back
Sciatica can be constant or can come suddenly and feel like an electric shock. If not treated in time, it can negatively impact your day-to-day routine and activities, affecting your movement.
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
If you are suffering from conditions that affect the pelvic floor, pelvic floor physiotherapy treatment can help. These conditions may include urinary or fecal incontinence, urinary urgency or pelvic pain caused by injuries, surgery, or certain health conditions.
Physiotherapy for sports helps athletes to maximize their performance by strengthening specific body parts. Sports physiotherapy is an essential treatment for acute or chronic sports related injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
We Work With Top Athletes and Apply Our Lessons to Your Care
Synergy Health Centre physiotherapists work with many of our local and national team athletes to help with sports injury recovery and getting their training back on track quickly.
How Much Does Physiotherapy in Victoria Cost?
At Synergy Health Centre we strive to provide comprehensive physiotherapy services at affordable rates for residents in Victoria and areas nearby. The cost of treatment will depend on the number of sessions after the initial assessment. We offer direct billing for most insurance providers. If you have been injured on the job, WorkSafe BC (WCB) will cover treatments at Synergy. We also offer ICBC medical benefits if physiotherapy is required in case of an injury from a vehicle crash or collision.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Physiotherapists in Victoria
Synergy always offers the newest and most effective therapies to prevent injuries or reduce my downtime from training when they occur.
Personalized Physiotherapy in Victoria
At Synergy Health Centre, our experienced physiotherapists help you get back to optimal health with personalized treatments.Schedule an Appointment