Get Back to Optimal Health in Less Time through Personalized Physical Therapy, right here in Victoria
Physiotherapy in Victoria, BC
Open Evenings & Weekends
Physiotherapists in Victoria, BC for Patients of All Ages
At Synergy Health Centre, our physiotherapists in Victoria, BC present an integrated, team-based approach to enhance your recovery. Physiotherapists, also known as physical therapists, are able to evaluate, diagnose and treat a wide range of illnesses, injuries, disabilities and chronic conditions.
Along with in-office treatment, physiotherapists will prescribe several different flexibility and strength training exercises. Exercise rehabilitation is an important part of the practice, and physiotherapists use it to help you recover faster and improve your health and performance. Exercises may include stretching, strength training with weights and other routines targeted toward specific areas of the body.
Patients who have reached a pre-determined stage in their recovery will often take part in our boot camps, which are very popular, and a fun and social alternative to solo training.
Our Treatments and Services
Our physiotherapists in Victoria, BC employ a wide variety of treatments and strategies in order to create an individualized treatment plan that speeds your recovery. To do this, we rely on a team-based “circle of care” approach that brings together our entire team, with the physiotherapist at the helm. We like to integrate treatments, especially with chiropractic care as this has proven to be an effective complementary strategy. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat soft-tissue injuries, neurological disorders, joint, muscle, ligament, tendon and bone injuries or neck and back pain.
And just like chiropractors do, physiotherapists rely on many different techniques and technologies. Physiotherapists often use or recommend these types of treatments:
- Shockwave Therapy: This helps speed recovery from soft tissue injuries such as bursitis. Shockwaves are a special type of sound that can help bone, tendon, ligament and other cells regenerate and completely heal even with the oldest of chronic injuries.
- Spinal Decompression: A painless, drug-free, non-invasive treatment physiotherapists use to treat severe or chronic neck and low back pain as well as herniated discs.
- Neurologic Retraining: Neuroscientists are discovering that even the adult brain has greater capacity for plasticity than was previously thought. Physiotherapists can use these insights to wield therapeutic techniques that help patients re-learn motor skills following accidents and injuries.
- Intermuscular Stimulation: Also known as Trigger Point Dry Needling, this system is used for diagnosing and treating myofascial pain syndromes.
- Prolotherapy: This is often used for chronic back pain. A substance is injected next to the area where soft tissue has been injured or torn away from the bone to provide pain relief.
- Platelet Rich Plasma: This therapy mimics a natural healing process. Your own blood is used to jump-start your body’s recovery after an injury.
- Neurofeedback: This type of biofeedback shows real-time displays of brain activity to improve self-regulation and awareness.
- Orthopedic Surgery: In severe cases, orthopedic surgery may be recommended.
- Neurosurgery: In severe cases, neurosurgery may be recommended.
We Work With Top Athletes and Apply Our Lessons to Your Care
Synergy Health Centre physiotherapists work with many of our local and national team athletes to help them recover from injuries and get them back on track quickly. Contact us to talk to any of our highly trained physiotherapists about how physiotherapy can help you gain the optimal physical health you desire.
Synergy always offers the newest and most effective therapies to prevent injuries or reduce my downtime from training when they occur.