Sports injuries, whether recreational or professional, can be extremely painful. These injuries range from broken bones to torn ligaments, and can take weeks or months to heal.
Luckily, there are numerous treatments to help you recover and one of the most highly recommended is physiotherapy. Physiotherapy at our clinic in Victoria, BC focuses on whole body health and well-being. Patients take part in their recovery through physical exercises. Eventually, you can restore movement, improve flexibility, and eliminate pain from your sports injury.
How Does Our Physiotherapist in Victoria, BC Help with Sports-Related Injuries?
If you want to get back into the game, you need physiotherapy. During an initial consultation, your physiotherapist will decide what method of treatment is needed to help you recover and ensure you do not injure the same area again.
Some of the ways sports physio can help include:
- Helping you achieve peak athletic performance
- Using targeted exercises to help you return to your pre-injury strength and mobility
- Preparing you for your return and helping you avoid future injuries
- Reducing your susceptibility to injuries in other areas of the body
A Synergy Health physiotherapist can help athletes treat pain and restore normal, pain-free body function. By recognizing how your injury occurred, you can prevent injuring that same area in the future, but also prevent injuries to other areas of the body.
During your physiotherapy treatment, you will receive flexibility training, strengthening exercises, and progressive rehabilitation, all designed to restore you to your pre-injury status.
Who Can Benefit from a Physiotherapist?
Sports physio programs are designed for all types of athletes including collegiate, recreational, and professional. A few benefits of working with a physiotherapist for recovery after a sports injury are:
- Post-Surgery Recovery: When an injury is severe and requires surgery, including scar tissue removal, you will be prescribed physiotherapy. These post-operative treatments restore functionality, flexibility, and help re-strengthen.
- Tears and Repairs: From ACL reconstruction to rotator cuff repairs, these types of injuries are severe and require slow progression back to pre-injury condition.
- Sprains and Strains: A sprain might sound simple, but without proper time to heal and recover that sprain could affect you much longer than necessary. With physiotherapy, you can quickly recover from your sports-related strains and sprains, and regain normal functionality.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Physio Clinic in Victoria, BC
Do not let a sports injury take you out of the game for good. Instead, visit Synergy Health Centre for physiotherapy in Victoria, BC that can get you back into the game.
Our team is here to execute a custom sports physio solution based on your injury and recovery goals. We work closely with our patients to help them re-strengthen, recover, and avoid injuries in the future. We have some of the leading physiotherapists, chiropractors, and personal trainers on staff that work together to create a comprehensive treatment plan unique to each patient.
To schedule a consultation for sports physio in Victoria, BC or to inquire about your treatment options, contact Synergy Health Centre. You can also book an appointment online at one of our convenient locations.