Receive Regular Therapeutic Massage Therapy in Victoria BC & Bodywork Sessions from a Diverse Team of Registered Massage Therapists
Massage Therapy in Victoria, BC
Everyone deserves the enjoyment of moving their body freely and safely in a pain free manner. Whether you’re injured, experiencing discomfort or just want to relieve muscle toxins to experience ideal health, Massage Therapy can help. Whether you are a pregnant mother, a competitive athlete or you simply need help recovering from an accident, our team is here to customize treatment to your unique needs.
Use Massage to Relieve Body Pain & Reduce Stress
Regular therapeutic massage and bodywork sessions from registered massage therapists can help you recover and maintain wellness. At Synergy Health Centre, we offer all of the following types of massage therapy at our Victoria location:
- Deep tissue massage – this focuses on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia. The deep pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension.
- Lymphatic drainage massage – This is a technique developed to treat lymphedema, an accumulation of fluid that can occur after lymph nodes are removed during surgery. This is most common after a mastectomy for breast cancer.
- Pre-natal massage – Massages during pregnancy are a great way to reduce stress and promote overall pre-natal wellness. This will help to reduce many common discomforts that occur during pregnancy including backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and swelling.
- Post-natal massage – Postpartum massages are an effective and holistic approach to treat many of the new adjustments of motherhood. These types of massages are well known for their relaxation, stress reduction, pain relief and other health benefits.
- Infant massage – This is a great way to help soothe your baby and improve their sleeping habits. It can also help to improve weight gain, aid digestion, improve circulation and ease teething pain.
- Sports massage – A sports massage is meant to treat sports injuries as well as to act as preventative treatment for the health of muscle and connective tissue, range of movement, tone, symmetry, balance of muscle and quality of posture.
- Foot massage – A foot massage is much more than just a good foot rub. Your feet are divided into zones and reflex areas that correspond to other parts of your body. By applying pressure to the appropriate zones, you can affect a physical change to nearly any part of your body.
- Craniosacral massage – This is a form of therapy that uses gentle, non-invasive movements, such as light touching and pressure to address the bones of the head, spinal column and sacrum. The goal is to release compression and help to alleviate stress and pain in those areas.
- Tendinitis massage – Every time we stretch, twist or bend, our tendons – the tissues that attach our muscles to our bones – are used. Overuse of these tendons from repetitive motion can cause inflammation. A tendinitis massage will focus on providing relief from this pain and help your body to heal.
- Neuromuscular therapy massage – This is also sometimes called trigger point myotherapy. It is an effective treatment for back pain that has been caused by a soft tissue injury such as a muscle strain.
- Wheelchair massage – injuries to the elbow, wrist and hand are common for wheelchair users, but even more common are injuries to the shoulder. Muscle imbalance caused by overuse can lead to abnormal biometrics and injury. Our massage team can help alleviate the pain and help you heal.
- Relaxation massage – Meant to help you unwind and de-stress, a relaxation massage uses pressure that is deeply relaxing, but not painful. This treatment is designed to soothe and relax, rather than relieve chronic pain or underlying ailments.
- Aromatherapy – Aromatherapy uses volatile plant oils and extracts to help improve psychological and physical well-being. The naturally aromatic essences from the plants help to balance, harmonize and promote the health of the body, mind and spirit.
- Trigger point therapy – A trigger point is a tight area within a muscle and can cause referral pain in another part of the body. For example, a trigger point in your back may cause referral pain in your neck. A trigger point massage is designed to help identify and alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Why should you try massage therapy? Victoria residents will find that massage therapy reduces anxiety, blood pressure, heart rate, depression, and pain. In addition, recent studies suggest that massage therapy may benefit certain conditions, such chronic low-back pain.
What benefits does massage therapy have?
Massage therapy helps a variety of conditions. Most people primarily think of the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. Massage can also benefit patients managing chronic pain, stress management and lymphatic drainage. Seeing a massage therapist regularly helps to combat the chronic postures and stresses we put in our bodies through work or play. It helps to keep on top of things before any one part of the body becomes really sore.
How many appointments of massage therapy do you need before you are considered treated?
It really depends on the underlying condition or injury. Some injuries such as a pulled muscle or a knot in the back take as few as 2 or 3 treatments to treat effectively. Other conditions require significantly more treatments before the symptoms have resolved themselves completely. The goal of treatment planning with massage is to schedule treatments quite frequently at first to adequately relieve symptoms between treatments. As the body heals, the frequency of treatments will be spread out slowly until an optimal maintenance frequency is reached. Most people find a comfortable maintenance frequency of 2 to 6 weeks.
Is there anyone who cannot have massage therapy (any specific injury or health condition?)
Everyone can benefit from massage no matter what condition they may have. We use a variety of techniques and pressures to ensure a treatment is both effective and enjoyable. We customize our treatment to suit the needs of our patients. Broken or fragile skin poses a difficulty for both therapist and patient but we can always work around that area if need be.
The experienced team of Registered Massage Therapists at Synergy Health’s Wellness Center on Quadra Street in Victoria will work with you to provide a personalized therapy experience to help with everything from relaxation and stress reduction to sports rehabilitation and chronic pain. Contact us to book an appointment.
Patients I refer to Synergy receive excellent treatment and professional advice. Synergy offers more than patient care from the front staff through to all the complimentary services.